Make Bootable USB Pendrive (Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10) : If you want to format your system or want to install the new operating system, the first thing you need is Bootable drive either it is windows disc or bootable pendrive. Using a Pendrive instead of Disk is a great choice but you have to make bootable pendrive for that. So here is a step by step tutorial on how to make pendrive bootable. Don’t worry you don’t need so install any advanced software or tools for how to make bootable pendrive for windows 10.
There is an another great way for how to make bootable pendrive for windows 7 by just using your windows cmd comment prompt also with your windows setup files. Here is a full explained guide on how to make pendrive bootable using cmd. You can turn old USB drive into a bootable disk for Windows, Linux or Mac, or turn it into a diagnostic tool for your PC. This bootable USB drive works with Windows, Mac as well as Linux system. Ever wondered How to make Bootable USB Pen drive in windows or Mac? You know now you don’t have to deoend on CD/DVD drive to format OS or reinstall windows operating system. With how to make pendrive bootable for windows 7 guide, you can create bootable USB from iso file of any windows OS.
With the help of bootable usb software, you can easily forma your system using USB drive and create bootable usb windows 10. There are many bootable pen drive software available for windows and Mac but windows Disk tool is very popular. Here we will show you how to make bootable pendrive for windows 8. Nowadays everyone is using USB drive to install or format their system. But in order to use USB as a system drive, you have to make it bootable. So Do you know how to make it bootable?
Bootable pen drive is a method to install windows in your system through pen drive. After Create Bootable Usb Windows 10 or Create Bootable Usb Windows 7 using Bootable Pen Drive Software, you can easily use your pen drive for installing the operating system. With this trick on How To Make Bootable Pendrive For Windows 7 From Iso File and How To Make Bootable Pendrive For Windows 8, you can able to make bootable Pendrive.
If you are experiencing the problem while creating Bootable Pendrive. This How to make Bootable Pendrive in Windows XP, 7, 8.1, 10 guide can be a very easiest way to create Bootable Pendrive. We have to create bootable Pendrive of installing windows in your program without CD/DVD. You need to use Pendrive for installing windows on your computer. Each day many individuals attempt to create bootable Pendrive, however, not get success.
If you don’t want to use software then you can also check Create A Bootable Usb Pendrive By Using Cmd Command Prompt in Windows 10.
how to make bootable pendrive
You can create a bootable USB flash drive to use to deploy Windows Server 2012 Essentials . The first step is to prepare the USB flash drive by using DiskPart, which is a command-line utility. There is also a guide for how to make bootable pendrive using cmd. If you wanna to know more about how to make bootable pendrive for windows 7 from iso file or how to make bootable pendrive for kali Linux then you can try out this article.
To create a bootable USB drive manually, we will use cmd which is a default command line interpreter in Windows System. If you are looking for how to make pendrive bootable for windows 7 then this guide will help you because the method for how to make bootable pendrive is same for all operating system. This guide will also help you for how to make bootable pendrive for windows 7 or how to make pendrive bootable using cmd.
how to make pendrive bootable using cmd
Here is step by step for how to make pendrive bootable for windows 7 and make as the Windows installation media. Here are some basic requirements you should have before starting this process.
- To create a bootable USB drive as a Windows installation media, we require at least 4 GB for minimum capacity.
- Larger capacity is better.
Method 1: Using DISKPART command
If you are looking for how to make pendrive bootable for windows 7 or how to make xp bootable pendrive then this method may work for you.
Insert your USB flash drive to your running computer. We need to run Command Prompt as administrator. To do this, we need to find cmd by typing ‘cmd’ in the search box on Windows Start Menu. After search result for cmd appears,
- To do this, we need to find cmd by typing ‘cmd’ in the search box on Windows Start Menu. After search result for cmd appears, right-click on it and select “Run as administrator“.
- Type ‘diskpart‘ on Command Prompt and hit Enter. Wait for a while until the DISKPART program run.
- Type ‘list disk’ to view active disks on your computer and hit Enter. There would be seen that the active disks shown as Disk 0 for a hard drive and Disk 1 for your USB flash drive with its total capacity.
- Type ‘select disk 1’ to determine that disk 1 would be processed in the next step then hit Enter.
- Type ‘clean’ and hit Enter to remove all of the data in the drive.
- Type ‘create partition primary’ and hit Enter. Creating a primary partition and further recognized by Windows as ‘partition 1’.
- Type ‘select partition 1’ and press Enter. Choosing the ‘partition 1’ for setting up it as an active partition.
- Type ‘active’ and hit Enter. Activating current partition.
- Type ‘format fs=ntfs quick’ and hit Enter. Formatting current partition as NTFS file system quickly.
- Type ‘exit’ and hit Enter. Leaving DISKPART program but don’t close the Command Prompt instead. We would still need it for next process.
Method 2 : how to make a bootable pendrive for ubuntu
Open Rufus and select your USB stick in the ‘Device’ dropdown
Click the CD Rom icon next to the ‘FreeDOS’ dropdown, then find your downloaded Ubuntu ISO and click ‘Open’ and then ‘Start’
Click ‘Yes’ when it asks to download Syslinux software
Click ‘OK’ to write in ISO Image mode
Confirm that your USB stick is selected and then ‘OK’ to continue
When it is finished, just restart your computer and start using Ubuntu, or you can install Ubuntu
Method 3 :Windows USB/DVD Download Tool
The official Windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft is now available for how to make pendrive bootable or how to make bootable pendrive for windows 7. It is available for free download. To install the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool.
1. Click to open the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool page.
2. Click Download then Run.
3. Follow the steps in the setup dialogs. You’ll have the option to specify where to install the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool.
You must be an administrator on the computer on which you are installing the Windows USB/DVD Download tool. It requires the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 or higher.
- Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300MHz is recommended)
- 50MB of free space on your hard drive
- DVD-R drive or 4GB removable USB drive
Before you run the Download Tool, make sure you have purchased the Windows ISO download from Microsoft Store and downloaded the Windows ISO file to your drive. If you have purchased Windows but have not yet downloaded the ISO file, you can download the ISO file from your Microsoft Store Account.
To make a copy of your Windows ISO file:
- Click the Windows START button, and click download tool in the ALL PROGRAMS list to open the Windows USB/DVD Download, Tool.
- In the SOURCE FILE box, type the name and path of your Windows ISO file, or click BROWSE and select the file from the OPEN dialog box. Click NEXT.
- Select USB DEVICE to create a copy on a USB flash drive or select DVD disk to create a copy on a DVD disk.
- If you are copying the file to a USB flash drive, select your USB device in the drop-down list and click BEGIN COPYING.
- If you are copying the file up to a DVD, click BEGIN BURNING.
- When your Windows ISO file is copied to your drive, install Windows by moving to the root folder of your DVD or USB drive, and then double-click Setup.exe.
Hope this guide will help you for how to make pen drive bootable using cmd and how to make bootable pendrive. If you are having any issues then comment below. We will solve your issue. Stay tuned.